Tuesday, September 1, 2009

In my socks......?????

You know you're a Type 1 Mom when you find a test strip.........



........while putting on woolies on a cold SUMMER night!!

A couple months after J.J. was diagnosed I would grab my camera every time I found a test strip in an odd spot. A year after he was diagnosed I realized that test strips would be found in odd spots ALL THE TIME!!! So I stopped taking photos. BUT last night.....

I was in bed slipping on my wool socks and felt a cold hard object. I thought....."Oh, I wonder if it's hay....or maybe a needle." Both have been found in my socks before. And I can see how they could "needle" their way into a sock.....but..... for the life of me I have NO IDEA how this USED test strip got in my sock....none!!

I showed my husband...he laughed....then we both said at the same time......ONLY A TYPE ONE MOM!!!

3 comments:

Molly said...

:-) yep. Only a Type 1 mom.

Jess said...

You also know if you are a Type 1 sister if you are at camp and your family comes to visit and when they leave there are at least 3 used test strips on the floor for you and your roommate to pick up. :)

~Jess

Scott K. Johnson said...

Ha! That's great! How the heck?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...