Saturday, December 6, 2008

FIRST ILLNESS???

I'm not quite sure, but I think we are finally going to experience our first illness with diabetes in play. J.J. hasn't been sick at all since his diagnosis a year ago. A blessing for sure, yet I'm anxious to get through it just once!

I suspected he would be high over night because at dinner last night he said his throat was so sore he couldn't eat. He tells us this AFTER we dosed. So we try to get him to eat all of his carbs. He couldn't down the pineapple....I suspect the cold was changing the taste of it so much he couldn't choke it down. With my other kids I'd let them walk away from the table.....no big deal.....but I've dosed him already.

We struggled for a bit, but then I asked hubby what he thought about offering some of our Christmas goodies to make up for the carb deficit. He couldn't eat any while they were making it, so this was a good time for him to get his share. My normal parenting skills would say "That is really stupid....they need to eat their fruit before they have treats." BUT.....I have to make different choices now.

He ended up NOT running high last night, but this afternoon he's at 410!! YIKES!! HERE WE GO!! Everyone in the house has had this cold except me and J.J. (J.J. and I?? J.J. and me? WHATEVER.....). We tried really hard to avoid it....but very hard to do in a small home with 7 people!! Not happening! It seems to be a quick one....I need that for my first. Thankfully I've read many other mom's blogs to know WE WILL SURVIVE!!:-)

1 comment:

Scott K. Johnson said...

Major suckage! Hope he's feeling better soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...