Monday, February 25, 2008

Diagnosis Stories.....

Yesterday I was reading a thread from a forum at the Children With Diabetes website. There are pages and pages of parents sharing their experience of how they came to know their son or daughter had diabetes. It's good reading, especially if you are here because you're wondering if your child may have diabetes.

For me it was so good to see other people who went through the same process we did. How they noticed a symptom but would say "we thought it was _________". Or the phrases about just knowing something was wrong deep down inside, but being in denial. I know in the beginning I felt much guilt over not noticing or "explaining away" a lot of the early signs. The doctors and the nurses told us over and over that we did great, that we were attentive, etc.....but I just couldn't shake the guilt, and the "if only I would've _______" thoughts. Those stories helped me release more of the guilt.....it was just the comfort I needed.

If you missed our diagnosis story check it out here: J.J.'s Diagnosis Story

1 comment:

Donna said...

Lynnea,
I'm glad you found the Children With Diabetes website. I've been on there myself - even though I don't have a child with diabetes - but I was a child with it. They have a lot of good information.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...