Sunday, December 7, 2008

Flashback.....Day 5

This would be the day before J.J.'s diagnosis. Jason had yet another Christmas party we needed to attend. By this time I was 85% sure it was diabetes, but I was so hoping all the symptoms were a series of coincidences.

Hubby was still not convinced my Mama gut was right. He thought I was being my normal hypochondriac-ic self. He did mention to his dad my suspicions, but told him he thought I was just being paranoid.

We went to the party, but I was questioning whether I should stay home. Since hubby thought it could still be just a stomach bug he said our oldest could handle it. I went to the party, but immediately asked his boss's wife if she knew of anyone with a child with diabetes. She said she did. So I asked her if she knew how they figured it out. She said something about having a spaced out look. That night she was hoping I was wrong and that J.J. didn't have it.

On the way home hubby and I were "talked out".....it was a long ride....so he ended up turning on the radio. Dobson was on the Christian station, so hubby was going to switch the station to get music, but we ended up listening to the show. It was an interview with a family dealing with the chronic illness of a child!!! CAN YOU SAY....HELLO???

I remember when we were almost home I said to Jason, "I can't ignore it any longer." I hadn't told him about the "heart prompts" from the previous days......the song, the chapter in the book, the song AGAIN. So I told him everything and said I couldn't ignore the latest "sign" we just finished listening to.

The report from home that evening was frightening. J.J. was vomiting and sick while we were gone. I should have stayed home......

2 comments:

Jill said...

Lynnea~ I was just able to catch up on all your flashbacks so far. I've got the cold that Kacey has...yep she shared! LOL!

Anyway...isn't it amazing how God puts those "signs" in our way, yet we choose to ignore them or we don't see them and then all of a sudden we put all the signs together and we realize He really was speaking to our heart. Your posts have been extremely inspirational :) Keep writing!

***HUGS***

Penny Ratzlaff said...

I've been reading all of your flashbacks. I read this one with tears in my eyes, because I know what comes next...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...