Sunday, September 21, 2008

Keyword Activity.........

I've noticed a few d-bloggers going through their stat counters and seeing what words people use to end up at their blog. Most of the bloggers list the odd keywords, or the funny ones. I thought I'd join the bandwagon and check my counter. Here I was thinking I need a good laugh. There's always some funny ones on there. Unfortunately, the searches didn't make me laugh.

As I scrolled through pages and pages of the past 500 keyword searches, they made me sad. Very sad. They had to do with diagnosing diabetes in a one year old, five year old, 4 year old, toddler. How to give insulin shots, "insulin shots bruise me", eye exams, medtronic pumps, etc.

So many had to do with diabetes, mainly diabetes in children. That was sad to me. Yet, at the same time it gave me a reason for writing. My hope in writing about our diabetes journey is to give others going through this a sense that they are not alone. Also my hope is to educate. Educate my family and friends and even strangers reading. Well, mainly strangers since I only know of a couple family members and a few friends reading this.

Although the major majority of the keywords were about diabetes.....a few were interesting. The top number one search recently has been "diabetes boy". Makes sense since I have a whole post dedicated to that term. But this one makes me scratch my head: "do chickens need to be kept in at night". I re-read the post it was sending the person to, and I just don't get it. Chickens weren't mentioned once!!

I guess the one I liked the most was "can diabetics eat smarties". Mainly because my son has eaten more Smarties in the past year since his diagnosis than his first 4 years combined. So whoever queried about the Smarties......the answer is a resoundig YES!!:-)

3 comments:

Scott K. Johnson said...

We know all about Smarties don't we! :-)

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know I read your Diary. It's easier than emailing or calling since I know you have so much time on your hands. Glen (the other Bus Manager) also reads. He likes your writing. Love to all! Paul

Jill said...

I'm here and I read :)

BTW, where do I look to find out what people put in to search for mine?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...